Demonstrating some of the first Premium HDMI Cables on the market, Tony Probst, owner of Audio Video Integration (AVi) in Marin is seen here using the cables with some of his high-performance systems. The Premium HDMI Cables were demonstrated in multiple set-ups that utilize some of the latest HDMI-enabled features. AVi and Tony have been specializing in a wide variety of home technologies including audio, video, control and automation systems since 1985. A leader in the San Francisco Bay Area custom installation and integration community; Tony is a master of calibration and has received endorsements from David Dolby and many other highly satisfied customers of AVi’s high-performance systems and custom installations.
Authentic Vision’s secure labeling and smartphone authentication program is an integral element of the Premium HDMI Cable Certification Program. The unique labels provided by Authentic Vision provide consumers with the assurance that they are purchasing Premium High-Speed HDMI Cables or Premium High-Speed HDMI Cables with Ethernet that have been certified to meet the highest performance standards established by HDMI Licensing, LLC, and not a counterfeit knock-off.
A unique label manufactured and controlled by Authentic Vision will be incorporated into the product packaging of each cable that has been certified. The Authentic Vision label can be recognized by the patented combination of an encrypted QR code and a security feature in the QR code’s center.
The secure fingerprint is a unique, randomized hologram, which works much like a fingerprint. Together with other on- and offline security measures, this individualized label ensures that it cannot be reproduced. Each label has its own unique identifier, thereby allowing products to be traced, identified and authenticated down to the individual item.
Consumers can authenticate products in a matter of seconds using their smartphone (Android/iOS) and the dedicated HDMI branded Verification App. After scanning an authentic label, consumers will get the confirmation “authentic” together with details about the product.
Authentic Vision’s secure non-reproducible label allows the consumer to establish a secure communication channel between consumer and cable brand owner. This secure, simple and smart communication channel allows the brand to share product information, or can enable single-scan cable registration without hassling with serial numbers.
About Authentic Vision:
Authentic Vision is an international operating company specialized in brand protection and secure consumer engagement solutions. In collaboration with the World Customs Organization and supported by Dolby Ventures, Authentic Vision contributes to a secure environment. The unique solution represents not only a secure tool to authenticate products, but also a reliable way to connect brands and consumers for a trustful and long lasting relationship.
For more information please visit www.AuthenticVision.com
Authentic Vision GmbH
HDMI® Licensing, LLC is pleased to announce the official launch of a brand new testing program for Adopters called the Premium HDMI Cable Certification Program. The is a proactive initiative designed to help ensure that consumers, who connect their devices with these cables, will be able to leverage the full capacity of HDMI High Speed Cables; particularly when viewing the new generation of feature-rich 4K/UltraHD content that is becoming more readily available.
This program allows Adopters to further differentiate their HDMI cable offerings from cable products from manufacturers who do not adhere to the HDMI Specification.
- This program includes best-practices design notes, as well as an expanded set of cable testing requirements. These tests are in addition to the standard certification tests that all High-Speed HDMI cables must pass.
- This is an optional program for HDMI Adopters to design and certify that their High-Speed HDMI Cables that are compliant with the current HDMI Specifications, to ensure that they provide the optimum performance that’s needed for 4K/UltraHD content.
- Under this program, Participants will test their HDMI cables at an HDMI Authorized Testing Center (ATC) to certify that their HDMI cables can reliably support the full 18Gbps bandwidth of the HDMI 2.0a Specification, which is what is typically needed for the most advanced video formats such as 4K/UltraHD, a wide color gamut, and High Dynamic Range (HDR).
- The Program also incorporates brand new testing guidelines for EMI (Electromagnetic Interference) levels to minimize unwanted interference with wireless signals in today’s connected devices. This is new set of tests that historically have not been required in certifying HDMI cables within the HDMI Authorized Testing Centers.
- Cables that meet the testing requirements and are registered with HDMI Licensing, LLC, can be branded and promoted as Premium High-Speed HDMI Cables or Premium High-Speed HDMI Cables with Ethernet.
- Given the need for increased protection against counterfeit cables, we are taking proactive steps to reduce the risk of counterfeiting by making available a tamper-proof, anti-counterfeit label that Adopters can incorporate into the product packaging for these new HDMI products.
- Consumers shopping for these new Premium High Speed HDMI Cables will find that approved cables carry a unique anti-counterfeit label to clearly differentiate them from other HDMI cables. (See the sample) Combined with a downloadable mobile app that scans the label, this labeling allows manufacturers, distributors, retailers and consumers to validate the authenticity of Premium High Speed HDMI Cables.
- Border patrol and customs agencies around the world responsible for policing counterfeit products can use this anti-counterfeit technology to prevent counterfeit and unlicensed products from reaching the market.
- HDMI Adopters who wish to participate in this new program can sign up via the HDMI Adopter extranet, and participating HDMI ATCs are ready to accept cables for testing.
For additional information on the Premium High-Speed HDMI Cable program, please click here.
We are excited to announce that HDMI® Licensing, LLC has appoints Rob Tobias as President. Rob will lead licensing, compliance, enforcement, and marketing initiatives for the HDMI Specification, the de-facto standard for connecting HD and feature-rich 4K/UltraHD devices.
“With over four billion HDMI-enabled devices shipped to date, HDMI connectivity is the leading solution for consumer electronics products. However, manufacturers and consumers have many more connectivity options today. It’s critical that the HDMI Specification and ecosystem continue to address the evolving needs of an extremely broad market. I look forward to working with the HDMI Founders, the HDMI Forum, and our Adopters. Together, we can continue to grow the ecosystem, and ensure HDMI connectivity remains the interface of choice,” said Tobias.
Prior to joining HDMI Licensing, LLC, Rob was the President of the MHL Consortium. In addition, he was a Senior Director at Silicon Image (now Lattice Semiconductor), where he was deeply involved in the development of the company’s HDMI semiconductors, IP products, and its wired interface roadmap. He was also the Vice Chair of the Marketing Working Group for the HDMI Forum, Inc. the non-profit, mutual benefit corporation tasked with developing future versions of the HDMI Specification.
Welcome Rob! (@UHDRob)